1. To begin the process, choose which level you are pursuing and download that specific application:
(If you are currently not credentialed with the Assemblies of God, please select the first option for any level you are seeking. If you already hold a credential level, please select the one you are upgrading to from the last two options.)
2. All levels: please download each form below in addition to your application ("Information Authorization Release for Spouse" only if you are married):
3. If you need assistance in downloading these forms, please contact the South Dakota District office. Please specify the level you are seeking and if you are upgrading your credentials or seeking credentials for the first time as well as the problem you are experiencing trying to download.
4. Contact those you will use as references so they will be expecting the reference forms that the South Dakota District office will be sending to them.
5. Complete all 7 forms (6 forms if you are single), *please note those that need to be notarized - (we do have two notaries in our District Office if need be)*, and send, along with the following, to the South Dakota District Office by November 1st:
a. A copy of your signed Social Security Card
b. All post high school transcripts (or education completed since
receiving your current credential, if upgrading)
c. $100 application fee (must be received before application can be processed)
6. Once your application has been received, the South Dakota District office will notify you to begin the next steps of the credentialing process as well as give you a study guide/synopsis for your exam(s).
Arrange to take your exam(s) at the South Dakota District office. Notify the SDAG office at least two weeks prior to your exam date so that we can have the exams sent accordingly.
8. Once your exam is compete (70% or better), all of your references returned to our office, approved background check, and educational requirements are met, an interview will be scheduled. You
and your spouse (if married) will interview with the South Dakota District Presbytery Board at the SDAG office. The
interviews are scheduled to take place in January of each year.
9. If your application is approved by the Presbytry
Board, it will then be forwarded to General Council for final approval.
Once final approval is received from General Council, your credential
with the Assemblies of God will be awarded to you and will be effective immediately.
Though your credential will be awarded to you as soon as it is received
from General Council, you and your spouse (if married) are required to attend the Credentialing Service at the District Council for the formal presentation (held each Spring).
Your application will be active for two years from the time we receive
your application and the $100 application fee. If you fail to complete the application procedure within this time frame, you will
forfeit all application fees and will be required to reapply if you desire to seek credentials at a later date. (Some paperwork may need to be redone, if deemed necessary by the General Council.)